Cook/Culinary Associate - Open Position
Avalon Hills has helped hundreds of clients in our eating disorder programs. We have assisted in building strong personal foundations for a healthy future. We are a privately held, residential treatment program and are personally invested in the future of each of our clients. From its inception in 2003, Avalon Hills has offered paths to recovery helping our clients develop new ways of thriving in their lives.
At our residences there is a strong focus on food because that is one of the most obvious outward targets of the eating disorder. Our culinary staff are integral at providing high quality treatment for our patients. Under the direction of our Culinary Coordinators and our Dietitians, our cooks provide high quality meals for our patients.
A good candidate is one who enjoys cooking and has experience cooking for 10-20 people.
- Cooks and prepares full meals using stove, oven, etc.
- Adheres to recipes, patient meal plans, menus, and dietary guidelines
- Ensures all food is stored and prepared in a safe manner
- Performs daily and regularly-scheduled cleaning in the kitchen and dining room
- Operates common kitchen equipment in safe and responsible manner
- Attends departmental in-service training
- Adheres to company and departmental policies, procedures, and safety rules
- Communicates effectively with other staff to meet schedule requirements
- Interacts professionally with patients and staff
- Eats meals with patients and staff
- Food Handler’s Permit or ServSafe
- Applicants must be 18 years or older
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to cook for small/large groups
Experienced cooks will be compensated according to their prior work history.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $9.80 to $10.50 /hour
- Cooking: 1 year
Required work authorization:
- United States
Applications Accepted By:
- Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fax resume and cover letter to (435) 755-0439.